Monday, May 4, 2009

Wings Lose in Thriller


My dream of a 16-0 post season has come to an end in a thrilling 4-3 Triple OT loss Sunday to the Anaheim Ducks.

The loss is a little disheartening and I for one hope that it does not flow over to the rest of the series. The reason that I am scared is that the Red Wings outplayed the Ducks in each overtime dominating from blue line to blue line. The fact is that the Wings could not score on Jonas Hiller when it came down to the grind. We sent shot after shot after shot at him (62 to be exact) throughout the game and could not score in overtime for the life of them.

I do believe the Wings will come back hungry in game 3 and I believe that we will score early, but this setback still stings and the only thing that can erase that sting is a W. Love the Ducks or hate them (preferably hate them) they are here to play some hockey. This series just got a whole lot more interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment